Doing it Right the First Time!
Our Quality Assurance System is a robust management system which aligns itself to the ISO 9001 standard. It allows Massy Wood Group to effectively and efficiently manage the services we provide to our clients by providing formal processes to address corrective and preventive actions, quality assurance / quality control activities and continual improvement initiatives.
Massy Wood Group’s Management System is independently approved by BSI Americas to the ISO 9001:2008 international Standard. After first being awarded certification in November 2009, Massy Wood Group has been successful in retaining its certification, with its last certificate issued for the period November 2012 to 2015.
Massy Wood Group recognises that quality of service is the key to increasing growth in customer base and client satisfaction. Our Quality Management System (QMS) works hand-in-hand with our operations, focusing on both Quality Assurance (prevention activities) and Quality Control (detection activities), allowing us to live up to our mantra of ‘Doing it Right the First time!’
Quality Assurance (QA) includes activities that are planned and implemented to ensure that quality is built-in. At Massy Wood Group, this involves:
- Audits – internal process audits, contractor audits and surveillance
- Contractor Quality Management – Pre-qualification, selection
- Calibration of measuring and testing equipment.
- Review of ITP’s, work packs and welding procedures
Quality Control (QC) activities are used to detect any non-conformities and is most common at a field or operational level. These include:
- Incident investigations and non-conformance disposition
- Material verification and receipt inspection
- Contractor performance evaluation
- Review of Inspection and test results e.g. Non-destructive examinations, welding inspections, bolt torqueing etc.
- Review of handover dossiers